You don’t know much about me. Let's fix that. Here are a few facts, opinions and perspectives—a peek into my brainium.
1. The best ideas are simple and human.
2. I’m 103% addicted to technology.
3. I used to have debilitating OCD. Now I just have OCD.
4. Early career preferences, in order: baseball (shortstop), advertising (writer), tennis (baseliner), social psychologist (mind magician).
5. I love, love, lurrrrrve psychology. I constantly soak up the newest studies like a bone-dry sea sponge, and put their insights into every idea I'm working on.
6. According to my friends and family, I watch too much TV.
7. “Too much” is relative.
8. I can't remember the last time I was bored. It's been years.
9. I’m a health freak. Eating, exercise, sleep, you name it.
10. I love Britpop. All things British, actually. But especially their music. What is it about the UK that breeds such aural pleasure?
11. Federer, not Nadal.
12. My dog's name is Rudi, with an "i." It's a Cruze family thing. We've got Gari, Bari, Judi, Milli and more. I don't know where it came from or why we do it.
13. David Foster Wallace was a genius IMHO, and I constantly find cool new things in his writing.
14. Favorite words: brisk, lozenge, robust.
15. Go Yankees. (Caveat ... I'm a lover of baseball, period. So even though I love the Bronx Bombers, I appreciate every team, including the Red Sox. There, I said it.)
16. I kneel at the feet of David Bowie. Pure genius. Don't get me started unless you have 20 minutes or more.
17. I subscribe to more magazines than you've got socks. The Atlantic, Entertainment Weekly, The Paris Review, Wallpaper, Fast Company, Esquire, The New Yorker, and Psychology Today are at the teetering top of the stack. It's a problem.